Colors on colors on colors… Going to the paint store to pick out the perfect color to fit the vision of your dream home can be a daunting task. But, no fear, we have the perfect solution to get you started on selecting the ideal color to make your home fit YOUR personality.
Sometimes selecting the right color can be as simple as picking out a color from one of your favorite fabrics, or pieces of art in the room. But, occasionally it can be more difficult than that.
The color of a room can, for a lack of better words, make or break the atmosphere and comfort of the room. According to HGTV, 60 percent of your response, feelings and comfort level are directly related to the color scheme of the room. So, if you’re feeling a sense of discomfort or uneasiness, chances are that feeling is caused by the lack of color continuity in the room or the house.
To help you on this daunting journey, we have compiled a list of seven questions to help you locate the perfect color in the sea of hundreds laid before you at the paint store! With these questions, you should be well on your way to color perfection.
- Where is the room located in the house?
- What is the room’s connection to other rooms/hallways in the house? (Focuses on color connection/flow between rooms)
- What is the architectural design of the room?
- How many windows?
- Layout of the pieces in the room?
- How much light is there in the room? Natural vs. artificial?
- What features does the room have? Crown molding? Arched doorways? Built-in bookshelves?
- What will the room be used for?
- Who will use the room?
- Is the room a private or social space?
- What type of mood do you want the room to reflect?
- Cozy/intimate or active/social?
- Are there particular colors in any fabrics, furniture, paintings, or knick-knacks you would like the color to accent?
And the tips continue! Over the next few weeks, we’ll teach you not only how to pick out the perfect paint color, but also how to create a color flow between rooms, share what apps are available to help you through a painting predicament, and how and where to paint an accent wall… Stay tuned for further tips on how to use paint to create your dream home!
In the meantime, if you’re searching for your dream home, or maybe looking to sell your current home, we’re always here to help! Reach out to us anytime: (512) 523-5663.